Old 12-01-2005, 03:49 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Can anyone help? I am a new Koi keeper, I put my first six Koi into my
newly built pond in November. 10 days ago when I wend down to feed
them there were only five Koi and three of my gold fish had also gone.
I have a Heron that comes to the pond every day. I have tried putting
a fake Heron at the side of the pond but the real one keeps coming
back. Any ideas on how I can get rid of it? Also since the fish went
missing the other Koi and gold fish in the pond will no longer come up
to the surface. They sit on the bottom of the pond all the time and
wont feed. Any advice would be appreciated.

I swear by the motion sprinkler, but you may have to put netting up for
awhile, since the heron has fed. Most deterrents work best before the bird
has been rewarded. And if Kathy didn't mention it in her list, fake fish,
drives them insane. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~