Old 12-01-2005, 11:10 AM
nitromad nitromad is offline
Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozdude
ups.com...
Hello,

How often do most of you change your CF bulbs? I've got some of the
long 55W & 65W bulbs that I've been using for about 8 months. I'm
starting to suspect a measureable decrease in light output from the
changes I'm seeing in my tank. Maybe I'm just paranoid...

Thanks!

I've read but can't verify as yet (my lights are only 2 weeks old) that
T8/T12's can diminish their output by as much as 50% in the first 6 months,
and the T8's and T5's can go 30% longer, so 8 months sounds about right.

I plan on changing mine every 6 or 7 months, as I am quite paranoid about
lumen, spectrum and CRI output for my new tank

Oz
--
My Aquatic web Blog is at http://members.optusnet.com.au/ivan.smith
most ppl use them till they burn out the plants can anjust to the spectum shift due to "diminishing" i know alot of ppl running very great looking planted tanks on 1-2 years old tubes, theres a bloke in USA that happy takes ppls "old" tubes if they change every 6-12months if u got the money change every 6 or so months but most ppl use till they dead.

Gavin