Old 06-01-2005, 03:05 AM
Anita Hawkins

Richard Patefield wrote:
What evidence is there that the link between the IBC email list and
rec.arts.bonsai does any good for the list, the IBC, bonsai in general
or anything touching on our subject?

respectfully,
Richard

Hi Richard,
The rec.arts group is searchable back at least a number of years thru
any Web search engine, and that's an advantage to the hobby. And, as
Jim L. pointed out, many newbies who have no reason to suspect the
mailing list exists (and no reason to want 20-50 emails a day!) first
ask questions thru the easily-discoverable newsgroup. Encouraging
newbies benefits the hobby 'cause we were all new once!

Anita
---
Northern Harford County, Maryland, USDA zone 6
"I am not bound for any public place, but for ground of my own where I
have planted vines and orchard trees, and in the heat of the day
climbed up into the healing shadow of the woods. Better than any
argument is to rise at dawn and pick dew-wet red berries in a cup."
~Wendell Berry

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++