Old 05-01-2005, 06:28 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Well, if _that's_ what you're saying, I agree with you :-) Ingrid's next
point is pretty good too - I do try to get the majority of the muck
vacuumed out before the pond freezes over. I certainly don't keep the
bottom spotless, even in Winter, but I do try to limit the muck to an
amount that can't develop serious anaerobic pockets.
--
derek

This past summer I had an outflow directed into the pond in such a was as to
keep most "stuff" from settling on the bottom. Kept suspended, it was
sucked up into the filter. Of course when the temps drop I shut everything
off but the small pumps that keep an opening in any ice. There is very
little debris on the pond bottoms.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Things are more like they are today than they have