Old 06-01-2005, 06:47 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
This past spring, I had a small pump sitting near the surface pumping

water
around the pond egde. It got the whole pond circulating in a circular
fashion. When I stirred up gunk it eventually got pulled into the current
and ended up deposited against a pile of rocks I have. This aided cleaning

LOT.

Whatever works. We also have a large settling tank full of plants on the
2000 gal pond. You wouldn't believe the "muck" that settles in this tank.
About once a month I hose it out. It's a livestock tank from TSC. I think
it's 50/60 gallons. The blocks in the Tetra filter also collect muck under
the pads. The water is usually clear all summer after that first initial
algae bloom in spring. I haven't used the UV lights the past two summers.

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
Completely FREE softwa