Old 12-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Ross Vandegrift

On 2005-01-12, wrote:
I realize he was not truly joking but a screen saver is not the same as
the real thing. Never is. I am hoping that I can get a truely silent
tank. Unlike management I dont get an office. If I can not find a
truely silent tank setup I will not be able to put one in my cubical.
We have these half walls that means any sounds truely travel far and
wide.

I wonder how silent is "silent"? For example, I had a Whisper 2 filter
that was definitely quiter than a computer. On top of that they make
smaller models than the 2, which would have smaller motors and probably
make less noise.

But Eric does have a good point that if you get in the habit of frequent
water changes, a 2 gallon tank isn't too bad to change 50% of the water
in.

--
Ross Vandegrift

man in the bonds of Hell."