Old 12-01-2005, 07:32 PM
kev

On 12 Jan 2005, the world was enlightened by 's opinion about...

Hello,

How often do most of you change your CF bulbs? I've got some of the
long 55W & 65W bulbs that I've been using for about 8 months. I'm
starting to suspect a measureable decrease in light output from the
changes I'm seeing in my tank. Maybe I'm just paranoid...

Thanks!

In general, T5/PCF bulbs should hold 90% of their rated output for the
life of the bulb (~20,000 hours or about 4.5 years).

Here's a link to GE's data sheet for T5HO bulbs (PCF are folded T5s),
scroll all the way to the bottom of the .pdf to see the lumen maintenance
graph:

http://www.gelighting.com/na/busines...sources/litera
ture_library/sell_sheets/downloads/fluorescent/28345_starcoat_t5
_linear.pdf

I use them till they die.

kev

--
Civilization.

An organized system of alternatives to the stone age - CJCherryh