Old 12-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Michelle C

Hi Salty,

I have a funny story about fence-paining that happened to a friend of mine.
It was a feuding-neighbor scenario, and my friend put up a six-foot privacy
fence as a solution. But rather than paint the neighbor's side a flourescent
color, my friend chose to paint it the same color as his side. (His goal was
not to do his neighbor a favor, but to properly seal the fence to increase
its longevity).

The neighbor was on vacation on painting day, and so my friend and his
helpers thought they would have a little fun as they painted. They painted a
bunch of expletives on the neighbor's side first - before painting it in
earnest. The only problem was that when the painting was done, the
expletives showed through. They had to give the fence three additional coats
to cover up all the swear words before the neighbor returned. It was a lot
of extra work, but they learned from it. They still laugh about it to this
day.