Old 12-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Cichlidiot" wrote in message
In rec.ponds kathy wrote:
My labradors and I were able to scare a heron away
over a two day period.

Don't discount the power of dogs. I saw on that Animal Planet "dog jobs"
(or maybe it was the breed profile, forget exactly) show that a fish
breeder in FL uses trained dogs to scare away migratory birds. The dogs
were trained to chase and bark at any birds that try to land in their
area, but not to touch or attack the birds (thus keeping them legal in
terms of the migratory bird act). The dogs were also under constant
supervision by a handler to make sure they adhered to their training.
According to the story, it made a significant reduction in losses to have
the dogs around the outdoor stock ponds.

My dog does that. Can I rent her out? LOL.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com