Old 12-01-2005, 06:36 PM

On 2005-01-11, E Gregory wrote:
Daniel B. Martin wrote:
E Gregory wrote:
I'm not sure what concrete reinforcing mesh is, but I use the 2X4"

galvanized wire fencing formed into rings of about 3 foot diameter, 4
foot high and I just use 3 electrical tie wraps to hold the ring
together. I love those tie wraps, they're my #1 "building supply"!
I used to spend hours and have sore hands and fingers bending the wire
around itself to form the cages, but not anymore.
Eileen

My objection to fencing with 2"x4" mesh is that it is difficult to reach
into the cage to harvest those lucious summer tomatoes.

Tie wraps work nicely. Another kind of "tie" is short lengths of scrap
12-gauge copper wire. These can be found in abundance at new home
construction sites. The copper bends easily and may be reused year
after year.

Daniel B. Martin

Yeah, I usually cut a couple of "holes" that I can use to reach inside.
I'll have to see what concrete reinforcing mesh looks like next time
I'm in a home improvement place.
Eileen

In the store the rust will be light and will brush off and seem to make
a mess. But once it is in the rain a time or two the rust turns dark
brown and hardens so there is no mess.

is a garbage address.