Old 12-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Sally Thompson

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:18:08 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

snip
[re rats eating fat balls]

We've lived here for 10 years and this is the first time we've seen rodents
nicking the birdfeed. Weird because its a very mild winter, so its not as if
they are starving !

Jenny, I've come rather late into this thread, but we have recently
discovered a special bird feeder for fat balls which might help. It's
a bit like a metal peanut feeder but with bigger holes. It takes 3
fat balls at a time if you want, and although we don't have a rodent
problem here (several cats), we do have opportunistic squirrels and
magpies. It is also very important to hang the feeder (or just the fat
ball if you can't get a feeder) on a thin wire so that the rat(s)
can't climb up it. If you can't find such a feeder in Rotterdam,
perhaps on your next visit to the UK?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Reply To address is spam trap