Old 13-01-2005, 02:40 AM
Richard

In article ,
Ross Vandegrift wrote:
On 2005-01-12, wrote:
funny... but it violates the corporate security policy to change
our screen savers... dont ask.

Well, it was funny, but I suspect the original poster wasn't completely
joking --- a filterless tank will need water changes frequently. If I
were going to do it, I'd shoot for daily changes. Lots of people do
fewer if they keep only a single male betta, and they do ok, but I've
rarely seen them do well. I've seen plenty of them dying from terrible
dropsy and bacterial infections.

Works for me. I only feed live food though, mosrly white worms
and a few fruit flies. I've had filterless tanks set up for years.

A 2 gallon tank with half a dozen small tetras, plants (crypts)
and barely any light - certianly ni hood/reflector/canopy
is needed will need a 50% water changes once a week, just like a high
tech tank. But it's no harded to kep clean if you're careful with
the food. That is the key to clean water.

--
Need Mercedes parts ? -
http://parts.mbz.org