Old 13-01-2005, 03:44 AM
js1

On 2005-01-11, scott wrote:
Hello All,

I have been doing a lot of research but need advice from the experts
(aka you guys) on what type of setup I can put in my cubical. I have
plenty of power (AC) but I can not have filters or what not due to
noise (we have lots of engineers in a very tight area). When I was at
Petsmart, I was looking at a 2.5gal glass tank. It was roughly
12x6x9inches. Small enough for my cube but not large enough to get in
the way. I was/am looking at getting live plants to use instead of
filters. What type of fish and what type of plants do you all
recommend? I was thinking of Tetras since they are pretty durable but
I am open to most anything (fairly small).

With a filterless setup, you're pretty much limited to anabantids,
dwarf frogs, and snails. I have a one gallon container divided for
two bettas:

http://js1.kicks-ass.org/~js1/image005.jpeg

The snails labeled as "Mystery Snails" at PetsMart in my experience have
been Pomacea bridgesii which are plant safe

http://www.applesnail.net/content/sp...a_bridgesi.htm

For a low light setup, you'd probably want to go with java fern and
anubias.