Old 13-01-2005, 03:48 AM
Timothy

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:18:11 -0500, madgardener wrote:

ok. there it is. plain text. no Comic sans script in italics, no bandwith
being taken up. just plain old letters. I hope everyone who is still
****ed at me for just liking to post in something other than ordinary
letters will forgive me for this. My program allows me to select different
Fonts and sizes and what not. I seem to have not realized that there were
so many who were being offended, or put off from reading or participating
in my posts because of my HTML postings. I've fixed it. And I'm not
being sarcastic or defensive. I'd much rather get along than make waves.

madgardener slipping into lurk mode now. (thanks for the great resources
for translating the text, by the way. I've bookmarked the site and am now
cutting and pasting Christian's letter to me. )

Twas not my intent to be rude and hopefuly you didn't take it as such.
Html adds a some overhead to the nntp systems, but in todays broadband
world, it's really not that big of a deal. Like I stated before, many of
us non-windows users don't have access to news readers that will even
render html, let alone post in it and many windows users use real news
clients and their clients are the same way. Top posting, html posting
clients are a confection of Bill Gates and people tend to do what the
mail/news client does by default.
Again, sorry if I came acrossed as gruff, wasn't my intent.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com