Old 13-01-2005, 07:39 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Katra" wrote in message

My border collie is faster than any bird, and has killed small possums
coming into the yard.

## My Doberman and large mutt has killed possums too. :-(

The thing is, if your dog manages to grab and kill a heron (and I know
Jewely would!) how much trouble would you be in?

## Who would know?

It's not like you meant
for it to happen, and the great blues and little greens are not an
endangered species.

## No one would know unless you told them. Your dog killing one is not the
same as you shooting it.

I like Herons and have rescued them and would hate to see one killed,
but accidents can happen. I'm just wondering what the authorities feel
about the natural instincts of certain breeds of dogs?

## You can call the Dept. of the Interior for information or the Wildlife
Service where you live.

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway."