Old 13-01-2005, 06:01 PM
ajames54

Default Knickers = Twisted ... Umbrage = Taken

A step back = needed

C'mon Ladies and Gentlemen lets relax a minute.. as far a flames and
trolls are concerned this group doesn't even make it into the minor
leagues. (Take it from someone who has received actual abusive - Phone
calls - after a Usenet post.)

This Usenet is a weird place, it is a different type of communication
media than any other, it is completely lacking in outside referents.
There is no tone of voice, there is no shared history or background
nothing but a shared interest in a hobby. Misunderstandings are bound
to occur in a forum like this, not everyone looks at issues the same
way not everyone shares the same sense of humor.

Not every disagreement is a challenge ...
If someone thinks you're wrong it does not mean they think you're
stupid...
Just because it always works for you does not mean it ever worked for
me...
Never ascribe to malice what can also be ascribed to ignorance/accident

As a bit of a "for example"
Not to long ago I was "kill filed" ( and told off) by a couple of
regulars because they took my skepticism of a "magic pond additive"
that they happen to use as a personal attack... I'm not ****ed at them,
just disappointed because they will miss the (admittedly rare) valuable
contribution I might make.

Anyway all this is just to say ... relax a bit, this is just the usenet
not the real world..