Old 14-01-2005, 04:00 AM
Richard

In article .com,
wrote:
Here is a photo of my 6 gal betta tank at work.

http://www.nippyfish.net/6%20Gal.jpg

It's an Eclipse cycled with a power filter w/ biowheel, 25 watt heater
and air-stone. The air pump does give off a very faint sound but there
is a great benefit to cycling your tank even if it's "just for a
betta." If you end up opting for an uncycled tank you'll be spending
more time doing 100% water changes and testing for ammonia and
adjusting pH. Being cycled I only have to test nitrate at water changes
once a week and change out only 20% of the water. On occasion I'll run
the whole gambit of tests to make sure everything in on track, which it
always is. ;-)

Niiice.

I've gone super low tech. No filter no heater no light:

http://images.aquaria.net/tanks/rjs/hex2-1/jan1305/

Some Farfards aquatic soil mixed with profile sealed with 1.5"
of white sand with 2" of pea gravel over that covered with small
black river rocks. Not for any good reason, it was just at hand.

There's some crypt (probbaly lutea) and some java moss. And two
rocks. I change most of the water once a week and only feed live
food.

It sits in the corned of my desk and is really supposed to be
an xmas prezzie for my folks. Any day now...

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org