Old 14-01-2005, 02:55 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Nedra" wrote in message
ink.net...
Wow! No wonder my ears have been ringing!! LOL ... I really
Really like your Ode to Nedra, BV ;-)

This coming year I hope to try planting some water lilies in the Koi pond.
What can I plant the lilies in to ensure the koi wont have a wonderful
luncheon?

$$ My koi don't bother the leaves much but will dig them out of the pots and
kill them. I now put bird netting all around the pot when the lily is
dormant. The top of the pots are completely covered. The leaves grow up
through the netting and koi can't root them out of their pots. However
being rough and tumble fish my koi do bruise and tear the leaves. Lilies
just don't thrive in my koi pond like they do in the GF pools.

Got any swell ideas? I mean other than covering the planting tops with
rocks

Thanks those of you who have upheld my badly sagging reputation. Love

y'all
muchly.

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...