Old 14-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Elaine T

Nikki Casali wrote:
I've just noticed that very dense areas of my Water Sprite have a white,
fluffy, cotton wool like growth attached to them. These areas are so
dense that fish cannot reach them and water flow is very limited. I've
pruned some of the areas.

I presume that if I prune the Water Sprite until water flow improves
again that the fungus type growth will go away?

Anyone know that reason for this growth?

Nikki

Some fish food probably got caught in the dense area of the water sprite
and the fungus spread from the food to the plant. Pruning so the water
flow improves should help keep things from catching in the plants.

Elaine T