Old 14-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Rick

"Justin" wrote in message
Thanks for your response Rick. One more question, if I could... Dupla 24
is a daily fertilizer, that is one drop per 50 litres, whereas I have just
been to the Seachem website where it advises that doesage is 10mls per 250
litres twice weekly... I was advised that the benefit of Dupla is that

it's
a daily fertilizer which means that there is no surge in nutrients that

can
lead to algae when excess nutrients are not utilzed by plants... Do you
think that I could administer the Flourish as a daily fertilizer? Do you

do
this?

Thanks

in my 77 I dose 15ml of Flourish 3 x a week along with a 1/2 tsp of KN03 3
x week ( the kn03 is adjusted according to the needs of the plants but I try
to maintain at least 5ppm and closer to 10ppm). I also add 1/2 - 3/4 tsp of
Potassium sulfate only after water changes and about 1/8th tsp of potassium
phosphate 1 x or 2x a week. I use Seachems test kits to measure levels and
adjust accordingly. I normally do water changes 1 x weekly with about a
40-50% change and this does not allow any nutrient build up however the last
month or so my water changes have been more on the order of every 10-14 days
and there has been no problem. I do have some green algae on the glass which
is easily removed however I obviously have to tweak my dosing a bit to try
and eliminate this. I did the daily dosing of PMDD or dupla and found it to
be a pain. I simply figured out how many drops I need daily x that by 2 or
by 3 and dosed 2x week or 3 x a week. My plants were suffering some
yellowing and I thought changing my substrate to flourish would eliminate
this problem but I have been adding Flourish iron and this has really made a
difference.

Rick