Old 14-01-2005, 06:23 PM
default

Rocco Moretti wrote:
default wrote:

snip all except the last line you posted

=BB login or register to post comments | read more

Yup. Register to read more.

Well, technically the line says "register ... to post comments" (and

is
attached to the "Stages of the Aquascaper" story specifically, not

the
site as a whole). The "Read more" is a separate link (again, attached

the "Stages of the Aquascaper" story specifically) that actually

gives
you full access to the "Stages of the Aquascaper" story, no login

required.

Maybe Tom's announcement could have said,
"Registration is free, and gives you access to much more free
information for free, including the newest DIY C02 dealy bobber."

Would have been better, especially since there is no indication that
additional free content is available for the registered (and not
subscribed) users.

BTW, the "login or register to post comments" is not accurate either,

as
after logging in, I get a "you can't post comments" message under the

"Stages of the Aquascaper" story.

So yes, logging in gives you access to more free content, but I still

maintain there is no way to figure that out by just looking at the
non-logged-in site.

I'm in agreement with you, Rocco. I didn't register until another
poster suggested it. There is no way to tell from the site that
registration opens up new stuff. And I wouldn't have if the benefit
was only to post to the topics, which is what my initial reaction was.
steve