Old 14-01-2005, 06:11 PM
madgardener

"Timothy" wrote in message
news:1105588085.040f57ec738f40603ae25b0803a42d13@t eranews...
not my intent to be rude and hopefuly you didn't take it as such.
no, I didn't take it as rude.

Html adds a some overhead to the nntp systems, but in todays broadband

world, it's really not that big of a deal. Like I stated before, many of us
non-windows users don't have access to news readers that will even render
html, let alone post in it and many windows users use real news clients and
their clients are the same way. Top posting, html posting clients are a
confection of Bill Gates and people tend to do what the mail/news client
does by default.
I just found out that somehow Outlook express has altered the way I copy and
paste comics that I send to myself and my son and friend. It used to go as
JPG's and now they are converted to GIF and instead of a comic just being on
the e-mail I receive (which was way easier to move to a folder I've marked
"comics" for saving) it now has little red paperclips that say "GIF" next to
them and when I click to open them, I get a warning first before opening
them. And to add to my aggrivation, my husband now tells me that with
regular upgrades that Microsoft offers on regularity, some of the security
measures are so extreme now, they don't even allow some perfectly harmless
e-mail to get thru. I want to get off the teat and get my computer on a
better program. How I don't know. I have a bad feeling I'll have to start
from scratch and get a new software and everything. plus backing up
everything first so I don't lose what I have now. Bill Gates is evil for
doing this. And before someone asks me where have I been. it sometimes takes
me a bit to "get it".
Like there are some things I can't send to my garden friend who has a MAC
because his computer runs better. In fact, he's never had ANY problems with
worms, viruses, trojan codes and destructive things sent out in the last
seven years because he HAS a MAC computer and program. But I can't send him
some things because his computer isn't compatable in some programs. very
frustrating to me. It feels like I'm using a phone from 1930 trying to talk
to someone using a can and a string.............(not a good analogy as his
MAC seems to be far better than my IBM that uses Microsucks, and I have the
Windoz 2000 XP pro version. Unable to buy a home edition to put on my
machine because you can have home version on your computer and upgrade to
pro, but not have pro and "downgrade".
Again, sorry if I came acrossed as gruff, wasn't my intent.

I didn't take it as such. Hopefully my HTML has been turned off and this
will come out as plain text. If not, just let me know and I'll go back into
settings in my options and try again.
madgardener (the BABLEfish worked wonderfully by the way)

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com