Old 14-01-2005, 07:16 PM
madgardener

Default Garden tips I've happened across that work

Go to the drugstore and get a bottle of Castor oil. House plants love it.
They'll be greener with a few drops added to the SOIL every six weeks.

Keep the water you boil eggs in, letting it cool and water your African
violets with it once cooled. They'll thrive on the extra calcium.

Are your ferns anemic? (I know mine are! so this works!) Give them a tonic.
Water them with weak tea once a week. And if you want to keep your ferns a
bright, healthy green, give them a dose of Ammonia--one teaspoon to one
quart of water whenever you water them.

madgardener