Old 14-01-2005, 09:57 PM
John Savage

General Schvantzkoph writes:
Just curious, why would you want to grow a super market variety potato?
Potatos aren't any better when they are fresh, a potato that's been in

You should have started out by saying: "I've never tasted a home-grown
potato, but ...."

You see, young home-grown potatoes have a taste beyond anything you can
buy at the store, even for an identical variety--they are like a
different vegetable! Just as the home-grown tomato has a flavour way
beyond that of the store-bought one (even though they may be the same
'plastic' supermarket variety).