Old 15-01-2005, 02:26 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

There is fuzz algae that can be up to 2" long, that is the most desirable
plant filtration you can have. So is it really string, or just fuzz? ~ jan

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:08:47 -0500, Stephen Henning wrote:

Thanks for the clue. I will have to look more carefully. It looks
different than the string algae that took over the pond in spring when
we first filled it. The bottom of the pond was clear until this winter
then this nice green carpet started growing on the bottom. It looks
like a nice bright green plush fuzzy carpet on the bottom of the pool.
It is definitely more than 2" thick, but it stays near the bottom while
the string algae sent streamers up to the top. The tadpoles like to lie
in the stuff. The fish don't seem to mind it at all. They got tangled
up in the string algae in spring.

Nothing can be finer
Than fuzz on the liner
in the morn.n.n.ning (or anytime).

I call that pasture and my koi are like horses grazing. Probably why I
rarely see it any longer than 2". ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~