Old 10-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Kenni Judd

How long does it take to print, say, 500 labels?
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Ray" wrote in message
I agree. The Brother P-Touch "TZ" labels are essentially indelible,
with black type on white being the best. If you really want to get
serious about it, there is even an industrial-strength version of that
tape, I believe with stronger glue, but I don't think it's necessary.

I sprung for the 2500PC, which is a serial-port printer, so I work
straight from the PC.

If you have trouble reading the existing labels, I have a piece I
wrote along time ago about recovery:
http://www.firstrays.com/labels.htm

.
"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 05:02:13 GMT, Dewitt
wrote:

Brother Ptouch. Best I can tell, the labels never fade.

deg

We use it as well and I sometimes label silver and dishes at
Pot-lucks. It goes thru the dishwasher before I try to remove
it. The dishwasher sometimes helps lift a corner on the back of
a spoon handle. On the casserole.. who knows when it will be
loose enough to not require work to remove.

We have used them for several years in the gh. The biggest
problem is the small keyboard keys and typos happen. There is a
printer that uses the same tape that attaches to your computer.

Some people have said they use laser printed address labels. The
problem there is the whole sheet (never) or addressing the one
you want to print. But stuck on our common plastic label stake
this is said to work well.
SuE