Old 15-01-2005, 01:01 PM
RPM1

"J Fortuna"
At this point though I have decided to order a Burr Nelly Isler 'Swiss
Beauty' for now

The only thing I notice with mine is the color on the
flowers fades quicker than I'd prefer, even with
careful shading while in bloom.

I have around 30 orchids. No two the same. I forget
who sigs with "there's always room for one more orchid..."
but I seriously don't have room in my current set up for
one more - not even a sickie in a zippy. Basically, they're
on a large, low coffee table in front of a southeast double
picture window. I keep the humidity at 45-50%. The
windows have wooden blinds which can block light as
needed. Because they're packed in so tightly they have
a good little micro climate going on.

A local greenhouse gets orchids from a grower in CA to
sell over the holidays. I told him I'd take any orchids he
wanted to get rid of since he tosses them after they bloom
anyway. :-( He called last week and I picked up 3

Dtps. Taisuco Valentine
Vuyl. Linda Isler 'Red'
Vul. Melissa Brianne 'Shady Ladys' HCC/AOS

As I looked over at the orchid display area, he easily had
20 more assorted orchids with ready to fade blooms. :-o
I hope he sells them!

Ruth CM