Old 11-01-2005, 01:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Hovering around 50 degrees. I turn the fountain/filter
on when it gets above 60 degrees, but in a few
days turn it off again. That's the goldfish pond. The
other two (minnow only) ponds are on their own and
do fine. Gail

Gail, if I was in your situation I'd have my filter on all the time, you'll
have no troubles at all with spring start up if you do that. "Supposedly"
our bacteria doesn't die in cold temps, some theorize, but creates a film
over itself and waits till conditions are more desirable. Even though my
water is down to almost freezing I still keep one bio-chamber going with
slow flow all winter. It really made a difference last spring. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~