Old 15-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Kitsune Miko

Underwriter's has had their heart attack and I have
recessiteted them. I have been a heating pad abuser
all my life and have never burned down the house.

On the propigation sites there are home experimenters
having used old heating pads. The pad I have is the
dry/moist type that is safe to use with a wet spounge.

I intend to work outside, place pad on elevated, non
conductive surface and check it daily. I will ask my
estate to send notice should I fail miserably,
otherwise I will report on the success of the
experiment.

I think the warnings are necessary as there are people
that could invent ways of heating pad abuse that one
never thought of before.

With my current state of unemployment, I don't think I
will make it to DC in May, but thanks. If my
situation changes, I will try to be there.

Kits
--- Iris Cohen wrote:

I found an old heating pad and thought I could
experiment using this as
bottom heat.

Please don't give Underwriters' Laboratory a heart
attack. Heating pads must
NEVER be left unattended. If you want to use
electrical heating, use a soil
heating cable designed for the purpose. I have
several that I am not using &
would be glad to bring one when I see you in May.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self
defense." - Woody Allen

++++Sponsored, in part, by Boon
Manakitivipart++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott