Old 15-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Wylie Wilde

Default mosquito deterrent plants

Hello,

I live in a small low rise apartment block in a tropical climate. Its an
average of 28 degrees all year round.

I've been put in charge of the apartment garden which is fairly substantial
for this area- total of 5000 sq feet. I got the job after I strenously
objected to someone's proposal to cut down all the trees and plants to get
rid of the mosquito problem. Ya, got quite a lot of mossies here.

I walked around the garden. We don't have pool or ponds or catchement areas
which collect water for them to breed - but they do pretty well in the
heavily planted areas.

What are some good plants to put into a tropical garden to deter mosquitos?
Would garlic, chilli or orchid plants work? Please advice.

--
Regards,
Wilde