Old 15-01-2005, 07:32 PM
raycruzer

I've had the invisible glochids problem often with a number of massive
cacti that decorate my landscape. I've learned NOT to use gloves
unless I wan't to throw them away afterwards. Otherwise, the gloves
will forever prick your skin.

Now I generally use various tools to push and cut the leaves without
touching them with my hands, whether gloved or not.

Thanks, for the advice about duct tape. I'll remember to use it next
time. I've also found that with repeatedly washing the pricked area
with hot water will also work, but it takes several days for all the
glochids to eventually work their way out of the skin.