Old 15-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Doug Kanter

"Wylie Wilde" wrote in message
Hello,

I live in a small low rise apartment block in a tropical climate. Its an
average of 28 degrees all year round.

I've been put in charge of the apartment garden which is fairly
substantial for this area- total of 5000 sq feet. I got the job after I
strenously objected to someone's proposal to cut down all the trees and
plants to get rid of the mosquito problem. Ya, got quite a lot of mossies
here.

I walked around the garden. We don't have pool or ponds or catchement
areas which collect water for them to breed - but they do pretty well in
the heavily planted areas.

What are some good plants to put into a tropical garden to deter
mosquitos? Would garlic, chilli or orchid plants work? Please advice.

--
Regards,
Wilde

Timothy said enough about what plants won't do. So, how about finding
someone local who knows if any of your local birds like mosquitoes, *and* if
there are certain plants they like for the seeds, or whatever. And, bats
sometimes help, but again, you need specifics about the kind (if any) in
your neighborhood.