Old 15-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Timothy

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:40:39 +0000, Susan Hogarth wrote:

Dweezil Dwarftosser wrote:

Nope. From everything I've seen in the past few years, it was the
idiot, strip-mining MBAs demanding more profits this quarter, pressuring
buyers and store managers to replace the stuff on the shelves with
something containing a higher profit margin. So they dropped the el
cheapo model, the mid-range, and the high end - replacing them with only
one offering: an inferior Chinese model bought for a song, but selling
at 80% of the excellent-quality high-end version price. Since it is the
only widget available, those who *need* a widget buy it.

Could you name a few products that people *need* where only an inferior
Chinese model is available?

In fear of agreeing with the Dweezil, there are no longer any options in
the bicycle tire market. I have a friend that worked at a bike shop
and he states that there are no longer any manufactures of bicycle
tires in the us, and all the manufacturing equiptment was sold. The US no
longer have the ablity to manufacture bicycle tires and we exported the
technology to do so.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com