Old 16-01-2005, 12:48 AM
willshak

On 1/15/2005 1:40 PM US(ET), Susan Hogarth took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

Dweezil Dwarftosser wrote:

Nope. From everything I've seen in the past few years, it
was the idiot, strip-mining MBAs demanding more profits this
quarter, pressuring buyers and store managers to replace the
stuff on the shelves with something containing a higher profit
margin. So they dropped the el cheapo model, the mid-range,
and the high end - replacing them with only one offering: an
inferior Chinese model bought for a song, but selling at 80%
of the excellent-quality high-end version price.
Since it is the only widget available, those who *need* a
widget buy it.

Could you name a few products that people *need* where only an inferior
Chinese model is available?

Thanks for nothing! I was going to write down some items from my Chinese
restaurant menu and all of a sudden, I wanted Chinese food. So did
everyone else in the family. It cost me a trip to the restaurant in
below freezing weather and $51.

--
Bill