Old 16-01-2005, 12:33 AM
len gardener

dunno working outside the square is a very common phrase around the
traps, it means you step outside your little world and have a look
back in to see how much bigger it realy is a good way to broaden ones
horizons, so i won't even mention working outside the comfort zone
then hey mmm..

we need a tractor to mow fire breaks and keep around our tree
plantings clear for times of fire, as a grass fire could easily kill 3
to 6 years of growth rapidly, and we also need to produce mulch so
again yes a tractor is very necessary as we could not keep the
watering up or protect the grouind from heat and cold without it, and
buying mulch at up to $3 aud a bale is too dear as you need to go and
get it or pay delivery so the basic 3 bucks is only the surface cost,
then you don't know what weeds may come with it just ask ted he's got
kahki weed a very hard weed to get rid of from just bringing in cattle
fodder.

and also you can't have cattle grazing in among trees under around 3
meters + high they will eat them down so all that effort again will be
for nought, probably much more to it than you may comprehend.

and the reliance on a motor vehicle is the real big cruncher when
there aint no piggy bank to break open and buy another.

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.