Old 15-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Nikki Casali

Ross Vandegrift wrote:
On 2005-01-15, Nikki Casali wrote:

still give the plants a fighting chance? For example, how many days of
blackout would be required, 3, 7, 14 days?? I presume I'd stop all CO2
for that period.

Yea - I missed what plan A was, but the blackout method works like a
charm. Kills it dead. Not a sign of a comeback for a month here. I
did a blackout with towels for three or five days (forget which). No
feeding, no CO2.

Plan A was to improve the nutrient balance to inspire lush plant growth.
The Water Sprite got the hint. Now little room for fish to swim. All
that did was put BBA on cryogenic hold until the exploitation of the
next micro-imbalance e.g. a couple of extra fish flakes.

I wonder if there is a frequency of light that algae cannot utilise in
any shape or form that fish can see with? That would allow the fish to
continue their activities in the blackout period.

Nikki