Old 15-01-2005, 09:56 PM
js1

On 2005-01-15, Nikki Casali wrote:

Plan A was to improve the nutrient balance to inspire lush plant growth.
The Water Sprite got the hint. Now little room for fish to swim. All
that did was put BBA on cryogenic hold until the exploitation of the
next micro-imbalance e.g. a couple of extra fish flakes.

I don't know your details, but in my limited experience, I had to
dose potassium to help the plants. If there's fauna, they should
produce enough phosphates and nitrates for the plants.

I use Seachem Flourish, Excel, and potassium. I pulled out algae
infested leaves as it was convenient, and just had to be patient.
I've never tried blacking out the tank.