Old 15-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Lar

In article ,
says...
Hello,

I live in a small low rise apartment block in a tropical climate. Its an
average of 28 degrees all year round.

I've been put in charge of the apartment garden which is fairly substantial
for this area- total of 5000 sq feet. I got the job after I strenously
objected to someone's proposal to cut down all the trees and plants to get
rid of the mosquito problem. Ya, got quite a lot of mossies here.

I walked around the garden. We don't have pool or ponds or catchement areas
which collect water for them to breed - but they do pretty well in the
heavily planted areas.

What are some good plants to put into a tropical garden to deter mosquitos?
Would garlic, chilli or orchid plants work? Please advice.

Unless you are just totally opposed to spraying for them, the pyrethroid
insecticides do well in repelling mosquitos. Depending on what is used
may be 2 weeks to up to 2 months with the results. Basically just
treating the shady areas where the mosquitos hang out during the day.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS