Old 16-01-2005, 06:08 AM
sunrise farm

"Geodyne" wrote in message
pete wrote in
:

snip
The Macquarie Island quake wasn't much smaller than the Aceh one though
Pete - 8.5, as compared to 8.9. The type of motion at Macquarie is very
different to that of the plate boundary in Indonesia, fortunately.

If the one in the Balleny Islands in Antarctica ever went off though -
those of us in SE Oz should all brace.

The end of last year was pretty big to me - we lost 53 distant family
members in the tsunami. Hopefully the rest of this year will be somewhat
less dramatic.

Geodyne

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Tara, we lost a couple of people in Phuket
to the tsunami.
I hope life takes on a far more peaceful rhythm for the rest of the year.
Andi