Old 16-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Pen said:

Next time, put on a pair of dishwashing gloves underneath your work
gloves. Both will have to go in the garbage afterwards. I wonder if
leather work gloves might be re-usable?

My experience says NO. Waste of good gloves. I'm with raycruzer, don't
use gloves. Use tools and do your best not to touch the cactus at all. Keep
some tape handy while you are working. I have a long handled weed-grabber
and two sizes of needle-nosed pliers that I use when working around my
prickly pear. When in bloom it's stunning, filling up a hot spot at the
southwest corner of the house right up against the driveway.

(attributed to Don Marti)