Old 16-01-2005, 12:53 PM
John Bachman

"TheStealth" wrote in message
. ..
I've got a pond (~800 gallons) with 13 goldfish. I live in Montreal,

Quebec
so leaving them outside in the winter is out of the question (the pond is
currently solid). At the moment I have them indoors in two aquariums (one
30 gal and one 20 gal). Next year I fear the fish will be too big for

these
small aquariums so I was thinking of maybe getting one of those Rubbermaid
Stock Tanks and Putting it in the garage for the winter. My question is
does anybody know where to buy one of these in the Montreal region??? Or
know where to buy a similar product?

How deep is your pond? You may be able to leave them out if can keep
the pond from freezing solid. Do you know for sure that it is frozen
all the way to the bottom? A foot of ice on top feels solid but there
may be water below. If so, all you need is a bubbler to keep a hole
open.

JMHO

John