Old 16-01-2005, 05:28 PM
VX

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:00:44 +0000, JennyC wrote
(in message ):

Interesting project :~))

If your disability involves not being able to bend much, then raised beds
are a
solution. You'd have to get someone to make them for you.

Thanks for the idea. I'm not sure how well that would fit into the existing
space but its worth thinking about.

Why have grass? Why not paving, gravel or even decking? Much easier to
maintain

Ah yes. And I really like paving...

I've lots of links for roof gardens on my homepage www.up.to/tiberias.nl
Lots of the things there apply to small gardens too.

Ok, thanks.

As for screening. You could go for ivy over some trellis or wires. Makes a
good
evergreen screen and can be pruned to keep it in check.

Bamboo or grasses are also an option:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant..._grasses.shtml

I'm sure other URGlers will have even more suggestion for you :~)
Jenny

Thanks for the ideas!

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)