Old 17-01-2005, 01:35 AM
USENET READER

Timothy wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:08:20 +0000, USENET READER wrote:

No - my family immigrated to this country legally - half through Ellis
Island and the other half through other legal ports.

And actually - I know a shitload more about politics in general and this
issue in particular than you probably do. So you can take your advice to
watch and learn and stick it!

Of course I blame the contractors who hire the illegals. I also blame all
the other managers and owners of other business who hire illegals for less
money than they pay citizens and legal immigrants. And I blame the
politicans who get bribed to look the other way when they take money from
these businesses and also from right-wing foundations to study
market-based solutions to public policy issues.

Who really give a crap on how your family got here? Legal...illegal, they
still came here... and why did they do that? Looking for a better life
than what the could find in the hole they crawled out of I'm sure. That's
all these "illegal" immigrants are trying to do.

Sorry - it does matter how people got here - legal is better. When you
come here illegally, not only are you breaking the law, but you set
yourself up for getting porly treated in the workplace and elsewhere,
and who are you gonna go to to complain to, without risking getting
tossed out on your ass (as you should be).

You presume too much about me when it comes to politics, I'm a blue dog
Democrat.I grew up in the Ohio Valley, watching my Dad work 16 hours a day
at Weirton Steel, standing with him on the picket lines, collecting cans
so we could eat. STFU! You have no high ground here Sir. I've remember
when it was Japan that was dumping steel on the global market and we just
about starved. Sucks to have to eat goverment cheese.

Yes I am sure it does suck to do that - and what are you doing to take
your government back from the people in power who set the country up for
being outsourced?

All your posts' are doing,(besides one huge F'ing troll for attention) is
blaming everyone around you for the problems of the American economy. You
sure was thinking about buying American when you bought your VW, now
wern't ya. Are you protesting the union breaking that's going on? Are you
shopping as locally as possible? Are you supporting your local mom and
pops, or are you bitchin' about the crap tools at Lowes?

Actually the VW is made in Mexico and I didn't buy it - someone owed me
money for work done and I got the car instead of the cash.

Yes I am protesting the breakups of unions. I am shopping locally and
not buying stuff at big box stores. I am bitching about the crap Chinese
tools sold everywhere - even at mom and pop stores.

I too live someplace with a large "immigrant" population. Be it mexican or
korean or russian, going to the grocery store is like going to a different
country due to all the different languages floating in the air. All these
people are doing is to look for a better life. And you damn well get used
to it. You sure as hell not going to do the jobs that these people due for
the wage that they get. The American workers are some of the highest paid
workers in the world, be ready for your pay cut and you can thank the new
corporate modle for that.

I got no problem with people coming here for a better life - it's just
that them coming here for a better life can sometimes have the effect of
lowering the living standards of those of use who were born here or
who came here legally. When you have a boat, you can't have everyone
come to one side otherwise the boat will capsize - that is the effect of
having too many people come here illegally.

Actually - these people do jobs that were done years ago by Americans -
janitorial work, construction work, etc. The business owners want to
hold down costs - or just put more money into their own pockets - by
hiring illegals because they will work cheaper. So are you saying that
we should just open up the borders to anyone who wants to come here and
suffer the consequences of lower wages overall and less workplace health
and safety on the job, or should we cut off the flow of the illegals,
throw out the illegals who are here, and that would drive up the wages?
It's simply supply and demand - you decrease the supply of illegal
workers, and the demand for legal workers goes up as does their pay.
They get paid more, they spend more and their money can be spent here on
American made products because the American worker will have more money
to spend and when you have that increased income - you can afford to buy
better goods.

Remember, even in the worst of times, your standard of living is still far
and above 4 billion other people in this world ... and always will be.
Quit yer bitchin' and start buying American, start by selling your
VW....lol

What's the point of selling my VW - someone else would buy it who would
not be buying American. What would be the point of that? Actually in
my driveway I have three American cars - two GMs and a Ford. I work on
them myself. I drive the VQ simply to have a manual transmission car
that the other people in my family can't drive and screw it up. Are
there any fuel efficient American made cars that get good milage? What
do you drive?