Old 17-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Fran

"len gardener" wrote in message
yeh fran,

straw is pretty dear up this way not sure but we stopped buying it 2
years ago think it might have got to 12 bucks.

this is mulch hay we buy good lucern hay is worth anywhere from 8.80
to 17 bucks.

but mulch hay ingeneral has gone from aroubnd 1.5 to 2 bucks 2 years
ago, it never goes down either funny that hey.

Well that price you have for straw is most surprising Len.

The cheapest form of any mulch round here is straw because it's so bloody
useless - no nutrients and it's just a waste product. Anything that would
be described as "hay" here is not rubbish as it still has good worm feeding
nutrient in it even if spoiled as animal food and thus it is still more
expensive than straw even if described as being "mulching hay".