Old 10-02-2003, 01:25 AM
Valkyrie

Default Jack in the Pulpits & other oddities

"paghat" wrote in message
news
I also got a gallon Mouse Plant from another nursery. It's just wee spikes
poking from the dirt now.

I had never heard of a Mouse Plant so I did some surfing and was quite taken
by this neat-o plant. Now I gotta get me one of THOSE! My balcony is about
75% shade plants so this will work nicely in one of my larger pots, maybe
the lace leaf maple, as an under planting. Just incase anyone else hadn't a
clue as to what a Mouse Plant was I'll put in a few of the better links with
pictures. One of the links has a very clear pronunciation guide to the Latin
name, I thought Iris might enjoy that ;-)

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~alan/plants/ar.../proboscideum/

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/2244/

Thanks Mzz Paghat, I have such a very limited space to garden I like to put
in things that seem to be just a bit out of the main stream to keep it more
interesting.

Val