Old 17-01-2005, 03:43 AM
USENET READER

TVs, VCRs, any sort of stereo stuff other than the very high end techie
stuff. You need a phone - they are only made in China. They suck, they
have poor sound quality, the plastic is cheap, the batteries don't hold
a charge that long - you want me to go on?

I am sure that if it wasn't for the fact that all these greedy MBAs
wanting to get big compensation packages if they can get 40% return for
their stockholders (when they aren't stealing from their stockholders),
and that the Chinese are artificially holding down the value of the yuan
and engaging in all sorts of unfair trade practices (dumping,
intellectual property crimes, etc.), American companies could invest in
employee training, and in machinery and computers to increase
productivity. Then we could have a variety of products that are higher
quality that are made in America that Americans could purchase with
pride and also know that they are helping to keep their economy going.

Last month - there was a $60 billion trade deficit - that is money that
isn't coming back to this country to create jobs. It's being invested
over in China to build more plants to take more jobs away. It's being
used to buy technology to send chinese rockets into space (and
eventually with nuclear warheads), and to buy arms to eventually invade
Taiwan. It's like investing in Germany before WWII - eventually they
are gonna come after us and we are gonna have to fight them - especially
with their excess male population!

Susan Hogarth wrote:

Dweezil Dwarftosser wrote:

Nope. From everything I've seen in the past few years, it
was the idiot, strip-mining MBAs demanding more profits this
quarter, pressuring buyers and store managers to replace the
stuff on the shelves with something containing a higher profit
margin. So they dropped the el cheapo model, the mid-range,
and the high end - replacing them with only one offering: an
inferior Chinese model bought for a song, but selling at 80%
of the excellent-quality high-end version price.
Since it is the only widget available, those who *need* a
widget buy it.

Could you name a few products that people *need* where only an inferior
Chinese model is available?