Old 17-01-2005, 04:08 AM
USENET READER

Oscar_Lives wrote:
"Rodney Rash" wrote in message
news:3yEFd.4580$OF5.1806@attbi_s52...

USENET READER wrote:

Rodney Rash wrote:

USENET READER wrote:

I am starting a DYI home-improvement project and I notice that few
power or hand tools are made in the USA. Even most of the Craftsman
brand tools are made in the USA. Some are made in Taiwan (a democracy
I have no problem doing business with) and Red China (perhaps I should
call them Fascist China, a country where the factories are owned by the
state and staffed with slave labor).

Almost everything in Harbor Freight (except for the reconditioned
DeWalt tools) is from China. The stuff is garbage and usually dies
after a short period of time. Grinders and drills come with extra
electric motor brushes which almost always get lost by the time you
need them - and you will. HF always tries to sell you an extended
warranty program, and most people I know don't buy them - even though
for all intents and purposes, if you buy the EW, you can bring back the
tool and swap it for a new one anytime the older one doesn't work. So
other than the time you lose always gong to HF to exchange tools, that
does seem like a good deal. How can American companies compete with
that?

But I was talking to two buddies of mine and then mentioned something
about the construction trades which made me wonder if any more tools
are going to be made in the USA?

One guy works as a stone mason and he is finding it harder and harder
to find American made tools of his trade in the stores. The
Chinese-made crap (his words) are cheaply made, don't hold up to
continued professional work, rivets pop, everything rusts unless you
soak it in oil (which is not good for the mortar or cement, mason's
hoes break after one use, etc.

The other guy runs a catering truck that runs around to construction
sites. He says that, except for the licensed trades (electricians and
who are mostly younger white guys), the plumber (who are mostly older
white guys) and the bricklayers (who are mostly African American) -
everybody else is Mexican and they almost only speak Spanish and need a
bi-lingual supervisor on the job. This supervisor - who is not dressed
out for work - usually stands around talking on his cell phone, looking
at his steel and gold Rolex watch - is a white guy.

Well - the real question is - are any of the largely illegal immigrant
construction workers buying quality American-made tools, or are they
spending as little money as possible on tools as they might either get
them stolen from a job site, or because they might get deported at any
time and don't want to have any more money invested in tools than
absolutely necessary?

Trade protectionist!!!! Why do you hate Amerika?? Damned liberal
whacko!!!!

I don't hate America. I love America. I just wonder why fascist
assholes like you continue to support trade policies set by big
corporations designed to rob American workers of hard won wage and hour
and workplace health and safety laws that ultimately will lead to the
destruction of the middle class.

You don't love America. I'll bet you are on public assistance or are a fag
with an agenda against everything that this country was founded upon and you
are mad at God for making you queer.

Actualy I love America. But it is interesting how you ****ing fascist
assholes proclaim your love for America yet you hate everyone who
disagrees with you who has the balls to use their First Ammendment
rights of free speech.

And as far as being a fag - socioogists have found that white men who
are very homophobic (like you) tend to have the greatest tendencies
towards latent homosexuality. In other words, you tend to hate most the
people you secretly want to emulate. Aren't you glad the US Supreme
Court decriminalized consensual sodomy?