Old 17-01-2005, 02:17 AM
Fran

"len gardener" wrote in message

some otehr things to throw into the hat we drive on dirt roads modern
cars aren't built to cope with, when a tree falls across our fence
from the road reserv (council owned) they don't want to know about so
it falls back on the land owner to remove the tree and fix the fence.

Len don't dall for that one! The council IS liable if a tree falls from
their land onto your land or fence.

We got 2 new gates and Council did the work to repair and replace the fence
and gates/gate posts when a tree growing on council land fell down
diagonally on top of the two old ratty gates. The old gates ended up in a V
shape and so were useless to keep stock in any more. When Himself rang
Council to see if they would do anything they didn't even blink and eye but
said that they'd be onto it straight away.

We expected to get a letter to tell us what they'd do but when we next went
out to the other farm they'd already done the repairs.