Old 17-01-2005, 03:01 AM
js1

On 2005-01-16, Nikki Casali wrote:

Do you know the mechanism SAE use to prise away BBA? I still can't
believe that anything could have the equipment to get rid of this stuff!

In my experience with SAEs, they'll eat the stuff if there's nothing
else for them to eat. Once they get a taste of any other food, they
don't work on the algae as hard. SAEs will get big. I'd recommend
one per thirty gallons. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably
keep SAEs in as the only bottom feeders in a plant only tank.
Keep in mind, if you have any Myriophyllum (frill or parrots feather),
they will tear those up.