Old 17-01-2005, 04:39 AM
paghat

In article , MAC
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:15:53 -0500, Fred wrote:

I planted hundreds of various bulbs and the Crocus and Daffodil bulbs
are coming up... I'm in zone 5... some are 2 to 3 inches already.. am
I out of luck here?

Thanks!!

Today I noticed Crocus ancyrensis is in full fat yellow bud, despite that
the last week or so has had such cold nights into the 20s & the ground
often lightly covered in snow or sleet. There'll now be a whole series of
crocuses appearing week by week for a while, one of my favorite periods of
serial bloomings.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"